Wednesday, May 15, 2013

In the Navy...Take Two

It's time for "Awesome Navy Tank Top" version two.  If you missed it, see Monday's post for "Awesome Navy Tank Top" version one.


This time I paired its awesomeness with my new olive pants, scarf and favorite denim jacket.  You can't even tell its the same shirt, right?  This is the outfit that was in my head when I made the purchase, because a year ago I saw this picture on J's Everyday Fashion and decided that I adore the color combo.
Picture Link
  
More than a year later and I finally have the two key pieces in my closet. 



It is obviously not an identical copy, but an "inspired by" instead.  I'm still posting it on the Copycat Linkup tomorrow at Trusty Chucks/Texas Lovebirds.  Today of course it's going onto The Pleated Poppy, see you there?

Friday will be "Awesome Navy Tank Top" version three...so stay tuned!

XO,

Alyssa

10 comments:

  1. Alyssa, I love this casual yet stylish combination of navy and olive. Which reminds me I have to get a new pair of chinos as they are an essential piece in my closet.

    Annette
    Lady of Style
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette! This is my first pair of "chinos" in about a hundred years. I am in love with them. I did buy them a size bigger so they would be "boyfriendy" and baggy, but perhaps I will go back and my them in my real size as well!

      xo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I love this look casual and informal. The pants suit you very well. The scarf is cute, and I really like how you take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I am always looking for ways to wear my army green pants - why didn't I think of navy?

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Monica? I am always saying "why didn't I think of that?" regarding color combinations other people come up with. Another reason to love the internet.

      xo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  4. Navy and olive are classic together, and navy looks really good on you! It's nice to have something you love that goes with so many things. I never wear it, but maybe I should rethink that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should...you look so amazing in the blue tones!!!

      xo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  5. Cute and practical look. I know we all love fashion but to me it also have to be practical and fit in our lifestyle! Great choice!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you there, dressy isn't always practical, especially for me. I will admit however, that I have been really trying to "step it up" in terms of my choices lately. Perhaps its all about the balance? Isn't it always?

      xo,
      Alyssa

      Delete