Thursday, February 28, 2013

Not Quite a Copycat

It's Pinterest again for my inspiration this week.  For once I am not trying to recreate the look exactly, but taking the color mix that I loved and using it with elements from my own closet.  Here is what I came up with.


 I know what you are thinking.  Skinny jeans and brown boots again?!  I can't seem to help myself.  I was missing a major element in my look though, and that was the pop of yellow bag.  I tried to find something of equal weight for my look, but nothing that I tried worked for me.  I settled for the look as is, and sometimes that is ok.

XO,
Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. Nope, not thinking that. Thinking you're looking Fergie-like curvy and very cool-girl. You're working a look so well that is so easy to screw up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I have a yellow bracelet that would have given this look a pop of yellow. Still, I think you did a great job using the elements of the original inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back. Just to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Pretty sure you've done it before, but thought you might wish to come out and play again. Details at my place, today ... 2/28.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And love that you just translated the color scheme instead of taking it too literally.

    Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you do a blog makeover too? Different colors, right? Looks good. Outfits is great as well. Yellow or Kelly Green would be great pops of color with this

    ReplyDelete