Tuesday, September 3, 2013

In the Pale



I love this color combination.  Pale, pastel pink with white and grey always look great together, but what (I think) gives this outfit its punch is the addition of tobacco and gold colored accessories.  In the old days, I would have always worn silver with grey...keeping the cool colors together.  Thank goodness I have grown a bit since then because I think the warmth of the gold goes a long way to offset the pale hues in the rest of the outfit.



Are you a stickler when it comes to the colors of your accessories?  Do you always wear silver with your grey and black and never switch it up?  I challenge you to make a change this week and see what it does for your outfits!

XO,
Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Wow ... couldn't agree more. Pink and gray look cool enough, but the warm neutral and gold are a brilliant choices. The deliberate, purposeful way you put this together wouldn't have been as strong if you hadn't matched the belt and shoes. One of the best things I ever think about an outfit is "thoughtful" ... just love it. You, as always, rock.
    What's nifty about understanding color is that there are warm and cool tones to every color group ... you haz it!
    Made my day better just to look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa. I love the gray blazer. Your whole outfit is beautiful. Very classy and yet casual. Nope I am not a sticker at all. I love trying out new combinations, tho.
    Have a lovely day
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lenya, thanks for your kind words. I am glad you find freedom in experimenting with new color combos...it makes dressing so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Used this look as inspiration for a Pinned it and Did It link up today..
    http://versatilestylebytracey.com/2013/09/05/pinterest-inspiration-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME Tracey!! I love your inspired look so much that I may have to use my seersucker blazer with this look too!

      Delete