Friday, November 30, 2012

Distress Call

Ya'll.  I just found out some terrible news.  My normal Friday host, A at Two Thirty-Five Designs, has had a terrible event occur in her life.  Their entire home and almost all of its' contents burned to the ground.  You can read her story on her site.


I only ask that if you are a person of faith, you include her family in your prayers.  I wasn't going to participate in the linky party this week out of respect for her situation, although I'm not sure that would be really what she wanted since she posted it today anyway!  I'm conflicted, and so sad for her.

Today you will receive my normal Monday post, since I am totally bass-ackwards this week.


It was this week's "What I Wore to the Grocery Store" outfit.  You might not even realize that one post a week is from an outfit that falls into that category, but there you have it.  I worked a weird schedule this week so I didn't get to this post until today.  And you can bet your bippies that my family wouldn't survive if I had to wait until Friday to do the shopping!!

I rarely wear this sweater.  I love it, it reminds me of sweaters that my Manny (grandmother) used to knit in the 70's when that marled look was all the rage for knitwear.  However, its really thin and doesn't look great buttoned on me.  If i were much less fluffy than I currently am, I can see more uses for it.  I just have to find my mojo and get back to discipline and denial.  Have I mentioned that I'm no good at either of those?  Perhaps we'll save that for another day.  It's a long story.

XO,
Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your posting pal. I just can't imagine what it's like to go through a fire.

    Cute outfit! I'll have to try the belted waist. Guess I'll have to get more belts! I currently own one. Which I'll tell you is an amazing belt from Fossil that flips from black to brown due to the swivel belt hook .. lol.

    Monica
    http://www.pear-shaped-gal.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, thank you. I love belts!! I can't imagine having only one in my closet!!! ;o)

      Delete
  2. Great sweater! Love it open like that - it looks great. ;) And I have the same issues with discipline and denial. Calories are evil. EVIL. What was the point anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC. WW has rolled out their new program this week. I'm thinking its time to start again! ;o)

      Delete