Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Simple Reminders

Thank you everyone.  Thank you Jan, Val, Sue, Annette, Heather, Lynaea, Debbie, Beverly, Monica.  Thank you to those of you who come to look but don't comment.  Thanks for sticking with it and coming back to check and see if I have posted anything new yet.  Thank you for commenting on my posts when it suits you.  Thank you for the encouraging words and kind thoughts.  Always, thank you.

Now that I've said what I feel about that, on to my sartorial post.

Work Shoes

Play Shoes

I made an effort today to dress in a blog worthy outfit.  Because Nicole commented yesterday that my outfits were attainable (she said beautiful as well, but I won't go there myself).  It was a simple reminder for me as to why I started taking outfit photos in the first place.  My looks ARE attainable, and they aren't sooooo put together and glamorous that they are unwieldy for real life.  Sometimes they aren't glamorous at all in fact, just real.  What you really can wear everyday in your normal life.  So thank you Nicole, for saying just the right thing at just the right time.  I heard you.

That big post is coming.  I still need to say the things in my head.  I have 27 photos being edited so you don't have to look at 27 photos!  LOL  The funny part is that in the editing process, I'm seeing things differently than I thought I would.  I pulled the pictures to prove a point, but I think my original point may have been a lot of mental bullshit.  Just sayin'.  You'll see what I mean.

XO,
Alyssa

9 comments:

  1. I like the fact that your clothes are attainable. In everyday life, most of us don't flit around New York, meeting colleagues for lunch in expensive restaurants, have high powered meetings in the board room or shop in upscale high end stores. Most of us live in a house we take care of, work in regular jobs, raise our children, volunteer, grocery shop. What I like about most style bloggers is that they show that you can look good, put together and not schlumpy or dumpy while doing these every day to dos. (And I live in a town where wearing pajamas to Walmart is the style!)
    Thank you for the attainable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa,

    I do pop in and look at your blog when you post, but sometimes to busy to 'chat'. But I do like your blog and style, just as you mentioned - your looks are attainable.

    I love your casual look here as well .. especially paired with the wedges.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. :) I always think you look lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those orange shoes are great! Necklace is fun. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alyssa,
    Loving those "play" shoes although I'd be wearing them to work. Where I can find them? You look great, and I like that you show clothes that are attainable. I agree with Laura (first comment); while I enjoy seeing fashion posts that show the pricier clothes, they certainly wouldn't fit into my life style even if I could afford them. Can't wait to see what you're going to reveal -- I've been guessing but I'm probably not even close.
    Take care.
    Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- so glad my comment meant something to you.
    As a 39 yr old mom of two little kids, I was on the search for a fashion blog that had a REAL person whose style I admired. Do you know how many women must have a yearly clothing budget the price of my car?
    Thank you for the time you put into your blog, all your readers know that keeping up with a blog is WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orange shoes, and I love your blog because you're down to earth. Not just your outfits, but your writing, too. I can't wait to see what it is that's been on your mind so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, cute person! Like Heather, I'd probably reverse the uses.. the little orange wedges would be great for my restaurant, and the little sandals for errands, lunch with the huz, etc.
    You look grand, of course. And yes, I'd agree that your outfits are accessible. But they always seem "elevated" as well to me, just a bit. By that I mean that I recognize trends in whatever you show, many of them classics, but you always make them your own, and you always look *polished*, to my eye. Hope you think that's a good thing!
    Anyroad, so glad to see you around.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous outfit! Casual but really chic. I especially love your orange wedges.

    My outfits are always "real", I don't just put them together for my posts and in fact I prefer those blogs.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete